Saturday, January 8, 2011

Wildcard Weekend Part I

New Orleans Saints @ Seattle Seahawks (31-20)

Picking a team starting Reggie Bush and Julius Jones at running back may be a sign of how little confidence I have in Seattle. The Saints are so heavily favored I almost want to pick the hawks'. How about this, In Seattle's week 11 contest with the Saints Hasselbeck threw 366 yards, 1 touchdown and no picks for a 104.9 quarterback rating. That's terrifying. Did I mention New Orleans has less running game than Rex Ryan has tact, and thus no ability to protect a lead? I'm picking the Saints out of principle, but this could be a perfect storm...this paragraph needs to end before I change my mind.

New York Jets @ Indianapolis Colts (27-21)

I know Manning's team sucks, and I know the Jets went into the offseason looking to retool specifically so they could beat both the Patriots and Colts. I know this, but here me out. Peyton knows this defense, he knows how to beat it. He's still got Reggie Wayne, Pierre Garcon, and Joseph Addai. Give me Manning and his crippled group of friends any day over Sanchez and his under achieving group of miscreants.

No comments:

Post a Comment